Preschool Story Time will begin again in the fall of 2022. Please be watching for more information.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Families are invited to join the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program at the Hand County Library. The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a nationwide challenge that encourages parents and caregivers to regularly read aloud to their children. By reading just one book a night, families can reach the 1,000-book goal in three years and provide their children essential early literacy skills.
Click on this link to sign up and begin tracking your progress toward 1,000 books!
Dolly Parton Imagination Library is Here!
Thanks to a grant from the Stephanie Miller Davis Foundation and help from the Miller Area Foundation, those who have a child living with them from the ages of 0-5 years and has a zip code of 57362, 57371, 57373, or 57467 are eligible! Once signed up, the child will receive a free book delivered right to their door monthly! There is no cost to the parents! It is our goal to get all eligible children signed up, so please spread the word.
Click on this link to sign up.
2022 Summer Reading Program
“Oceans of Possibilities” is coming the summer of 2022 for readers from birth through 8th grade! Registration begins May 26th, and the Hand County Library will host story-time and crafts each Thursday beginning June 2nd! Read library books to earn cool prizes.
Don’t miss our kick-off event June 2nd: Rocket Launch with Absolute Science!
Maker Kits Are Here
Thanks to a grant from the Stephanie Miller-Davis Foundation, Maker Kits are now available for checkout! What are Maker Kits? Each tub has everything needed to try a new activity. Not sure how to get going? Each tub also has books listed to help get you started. Maker Kits are available for all ages! YEAH!
Maker Kits Include:
- Alphabet Sensory Kit
- Children’s Chess Game Kit
- Colors Sensory Kit
- Numbers Sensory Kit
- OzoBot (this programmable robot has to be used in the library)
- Paper Airplane
- Pizza Sensory Kit
- Rock N’ Mineral
- Student Chess Game Kit
- Who? 5th through 8th Graders
- What? Hang out at the Hand County Library with your friends and create something new!
- When? 2nd Monday of the Month at 4:30 PM
- How? Register at the Hand County Library
- May Craft: Tiled Mosaic Flower Pots or Painted Ceramic Mugs
Winter Book Club…Summer Edition!
- Update: Winter book club will continue through the summer and autumn as well. Stay cool in these warmer seasons by joining the Winter Book Club!
- Book discussions held on the third Thursday of each month at 5:30 pm.
- Call or stop in to the Hand County Library for more information.
- June book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Andrea Fiala, President
Mike Donlin, Vice President
Board Trustee Information
2022 Board Minutes